WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
THIS AGREEMENT is entered into by and between THE PET RESORT @ STONE RIDGE (PRSR) and Owner listed above (“Owner”) :
1. By enrolling the above named and described pet(s), I represent that I am the legal owner of the named pet(s) and I assume all risks, dangers and responsibility for injuries to the named pet(s). Owner understands and agrees that Owner is solely responsible for any harm to Owner’s pet(s) while Owner’s pet(s) is/are being cared for at PRSR.
2. Boarding extremely old, chronically ill or otherwise debilitated pets requires extra care, which our caring and trained staff is happy to provide. However, special-needs pets, kittens / puppies and senior pets naturally have a higher risk of injury, stress-related illness, or exacerbation of any pre-existing condition. As such, by boarding your special-needs pet, kitten / puppy or senior pet with us you are waiving any claim for injury or illness experienced by your pet while in our care and that is not directly caused by the negligence or lack of care on the part of our staff.
3. Owner understands and agrees that during normal play, Owner’s dog may sustain injuries. All play is monitored to avoid injury, but scratches, punctures, torn ligaments, and other injuries may occur despite the best supervision.
4. Owner further understands and agrees that any behavioral or physical health problems that develop with the Owner’s pet(s) while being cared for will be handled and treated as deemed best by the employees, staff and volunteers of PRSR, in their sole discretion, and Owner expressly agrees to assume full financial responsibility for any and all expenses arising or relating thereto. This includes aggressive or destructive behavior.
5. Owner further understands and agrees that Owner’s pet(s) are healthy and will at all times while being cared for have current required vaccinations and be current on their flea and tick control. Owner is not enrolling any pet(s) that have any condition that could potentially jeopardize the health of other dogs, cats or people and has not had any potentially communicable condition within 30 days prior to enrollment. Owner further understands that even if Owner(s) dog is vaccinated for Bordetella (Kennel Cough) and/or Flu there is a chance that the Owner(s) dog can still contract the diseases. Owner(s) agree that PRSR will NOT be held responsible if Owner’s dog(s) contracts the diseases.
6. All personal items (such as blankets, beds, toys, food containers, bowls) must be labeled with guest’s name in permanent ink. If items are not labeled when dropped off, resort employees will label each item.
7. Owner further understands and agrees that it is the Owner(s) responsibility to leave an adequate supply of food and medications for Owner(s) pet(s) during the entire stay with PRSR. Should the food/medication supply need replacement, I authorize PRSR to purchase replacement and Owner will reimburse PRSR for cost plus a $25.00 replacement fee (per occurrence) plus the actual food and medication costs. PRSR, has a strict no fleas or ticks policy. Should your pet(s) be observed to have fleas or ticks while boarding, a treatment will be applied and charged to the owner at a minimum rate of $20.00.
8. Owner further understands and agrees that Owner(s) dog will have access to a fenced outside area. Owner(s) agree to assume full liability if Owner(s) dog escapes.
9. Owner further understands and agrees that if Owner’s pet(s) is/are not picked up by the designated time during regular business hours, then Owner hereby expressly authorizes PRSR to take whatever action is deemed necessary for the continuing care of Owner’s pet(s) and Owner agrees and promises to pay to PRSR all costs of continuing such care upon demand by PRSR. Further, Owner understands that if Owner does not pick up Owner’s pet(s) as scheduled, PRSR shall be authorized to proceed according to the local municipal code governing abandonment of animals.
10. On occasion, we like to use our guest’s photos for promotional purposes, contests, medical information and social media. We have your permission to post your pet's photo’s and/or story and medical information for these purposes? No client information will be released.
11.Owner further understands and agrees they will be charged for any PRSR items or property damaged by their pet, including provided bedding.
12. Owner further understands and expressly agrees that each and every one of the foregoing provisions contained in Paragraphs 1-9 above shall be in force and effect and shall apply to each and every occasion on which Owner’s pet(s) is/are in the care of PRSR, extended to boarding, daycare, grooming, dog park and training as the case may be. This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect as between the parties until and unless otherwise cancelled or superseded by a writing signed by both parties.
Owner hereby certifies that Owner he/she has read and understands this Waiver and Release of Liability and the regulations set forth above. By signing this agreement, Owner agrees to be bound by its terms and conditions.