SECURITY DEPOSIT GIVEN TO LANDLORD:-
- The Tenant shall upon execution of this Agreement and prior to the occupation of the Said Premises pay the Landlord the deposit as security for the due observance and performance by the Tenant of all his duties and obligations hereunder and on its part to be performed and fulfilled. The said deposits shall be maintained at this figure during the term of this tenancy and the Tenant shall not be entitled to utilize the said deposit to off-set any rental due under this agreement without the previous written consent of the Landlord and the same shall be returned to the Tenant free of interest within 30 (Thirty) days upon expiry or sooner determination of the term hereby created less any sums as may then be due to the Landlord for damage caused to the Said Premises by the Tenant (damage due to normal wear and tear excepted).
THE TENANT HEREBY COVENANTS WITH THE LANDLORD as follows:-
- To pay the reserved rent on the days and in the manner aforesaid.
- NO require to pay any utilities bill including electricity, water, and sewerage bill.
- To keep the Said Premises, the fixtures and fittings listed in the Inventory hereto (if any) together with any additions thereto in a good and tenantable repair condition (normal wear and tear excepted) and to replace or repair any of the aforesaid items and any part of the Said Premises and the Landlord’s fixtures and fittings which shall be damaged.
- To permit the Landlord and his duly authorized representatives at all reasonable times to enter upon and examine the condition of the Said Premises, whereupon the Landlord shall be entitled to serve the Tenant a notice in writing specifying therein any repairs necessary to be carried out and requiring the Tenant to forthwith to execute the same and if the Tenant shall not within fourteen (14) days after service of such notice proceed diligently with the execution of such repairs or works then the Landlord with or without workmen and others shall be entitled to enter upon the Said Premises and execute the repairs and the Tenant agrees that the costs thereof shall be a debt from the Tenant to the Landlord and be forthwith recoverable by action.
- To use the Said Premises only for the purpose of residential use only hereto and not to use or permit or suffer the use thereof for any other purpose Save and Except for the specific purpose herein stated and further not to do or permit or suffer anything to be done in or about the Said Premises or any part thereof which may become a nuisance or cause damage or inconvenience to the Landlord or the Tenant or occupiers of neighboring premises.
- NOT ALLOWED to assign, sublet, or part with the actual or legal possession or the use of the Said Premises for any term within the period of tenancy agreement.
- On determination of the term hereby created to clear up any rubbish and peaceably and quietly yield up to the Landlord vacant possession of the Said Premises in good, clean and proper state of tenantable repair condition.
- Not to store or bring upon the Said Premises arms ammunitions or unlawful goods gunpowder or any explosive or any article or articles of a specially combustible inflammable or dangerous nature and unlawful goods in any part of the Said Premises.
- During the Two (2) months immediately preceding the termination of the tenancy unless the Tenant shall have given notice of his intention to renew the tenancy as hereinafter provided, to permit persons with the written authority from the Landlord at all reasonable times of the day to view the Said Premises for the purpose of letting the same.
THE LANDLORD HEREBY COVENANTS WITH THE TENANT as follows:-
- To pay all rates, taxes, assessments, assessment, service charges imposed by the relevant authorities; if applicable, the management corporation; and insurance premiums payable by Landlord in respect of the Demised Premises during the Term.
- At all times through the period of this Agreement to keep the Said Premises except the belongings therein belonging to the Tenant insured against loss or damage by fire or tempest and in case of destruction by fire or tempest to replace or reinstate the same as speedily as possible.
- To maintain and keep the main structure of the Said Premises that is the roof, main walls and timbers, drains, water pipes and electrical wiring in good and tenantable repair condition throughout the term hereby created. The landlord shall make immediate repair and/or rectify the problem derive from main structure within 7 working days. Except as regards damage to the premises caused by or resulting from any act of default or negligence of the Tenant or his servants and except as hereinbefore covenanted to be done by the Tenant, then the Tenant shall carry out such repairs at their own cost and expenses.
- Upon the Tenant paying the rent hereby reserved and observing and performing the covenants, obligations and stipulations herein on his part contained, to allow the Tenant to peaceably hold and enjoy the Said Premises without interruption from the Landlord or any persons rightfully claiming through under or in trust for him.
PROVIDED ALWAYS AND IT IS HEREBY EXPRESSLY AGREED BETWEEN BOTH PARTIES as follows:-
- If at any time the rent or any part thereof (whether formally demanded or not) shall remain unpaid or unsatisfied for SEVEN (7) days after becoming payable or if any of the Tenant’s covenant shall not be performed or observed or if the Tenant shall suffer execution on the Said Premises or if the Tenant shall become a bankrupt or being a company or corporation shall go into liquidation otherwise than for the purpose of amalgamation or reconstruction or if the Tenant for the time being shall enter into any composition with the Tenant’s creditors or suffer any distress or execution to be levied on the Tenant’s goods then and in any of those events it shall be lawful for the Landlord or any persons authorised by the Landlord in that behalf at any time thereafter to re-enter upon the Said Premises or any part thereof in the name of the whole and thereupon this tenancy shall absolutely determine but without prejudice to any right of action or remedy of the Landlord in respect of any breach of the Tenant’s covenants herein contained.
- In case the Said Premises or any part thereof shall at any time during the term hereby created be destroyed or damaged by fire or so as to be unfit for occupation or use for a period greater than One (1) month the rent hereby reserved or a fair proportion thereof according to the nature and extent of the damage sustained shall (after the expiration of the aforesaid One (1) month period) be suspended until the Said Premises shall again be rendered fit for occupation and use AND PROVIDED ALWAYS that if the Said Premises or any part thereof shall not be rendered and reinstated and made ready and fit for occupation within a period of Two (2) months from the date of happening of any such event the Tenant shall be at liberty to give to the Landlord One (1) calendar month’s notice in writing determining the Tenancy hereby created and thereupon this Tenancy shall absolutely determine and the Security Deposit and the Utilities Deposit paid by the Tenant hereunder shall be refunded to the Tenant forthwith but without prejudice to the right of action of the Landlord in respect of any antecedent breach of any covenant or condition herein contained.
- In the event the Tenant shall be desirous of taking a tenancy of the Said Premises for a further term, the Tenant shall give the Landlord two (2) months’ written notice of the same.
- The Tenant shall NOT entitle to terminate this tenancy agreement within the period of the TWELVE (12) months of the tenancy.
- Any notice in writing under the terms and conditions of this Agreement to be sent to either party hereto on the other shall be by prepaid registered post and shall be deemed to be sufficiently served at the time when the ordinary course of post would have been delivered.
In this Agreement:-
- The terms “Landlord” and “Tenant” shall include their heirs, personal representatives and successors in title.
- Words importing the masculine gender only shall include feminine and neuter genders and vice versa.
- Words importing the singular number only shall include the plural and vice versa.
- During in the process of the tenancy, if the tenant would like to terminate the contract before the date agreed upon, the tenant has to compensate for remaining term period for the said premises.